Wednesday 31 July 2013

Zentangle a day......

I decided to buy the book Zentangle a day through amazon kindle. A great way to keep handy info on the go and access wherever I go as I have the kindle app on my phone, hurray for technology!

I bought the book as the next Zentangle workshop is not until September, so I really want to get to grips with it as soon as possible.
The content of the book is very clear and covers all the right information you need to know about this great art form.

I have been naughty and been flicking though ahead to get to the patterns. Some of the chapters cover lighting and shading, which is great for fundamentals of drawing. For me I am not a fan of the shading in my own work, I love patterns to be graphic and bold. Maybe the shading will come along later for me.

So here are my drawings, you can tell which ones I enjoyed and which ones I did not quite grasp, there is one I didn't grasp at first but I really like and will practice.
I do believe that not all patterns on offer are what I want to draw. Everyone has their own style and what makes them tick. It is the same with my lindy hop dancing, there are moves I just can't do or do not like personally, it doesn't make it a bad thing, more like personal taste which is absolutely fine.

Onwards and upwards!







No comments:

Post a Comment