Friday 26 July 2013

Sitting by 'The Canal' at Balls Park.

I am fortunate to live on a beautiful estate called Balls Park in Hertford, Hertfordshire. 63 acres of picturesque Grade II listed parkland I get to enjoy on a daily basis.
I forget sometimes that I have all this land to walk around on!
So I went for a little stroll and settled down by the very large pond which is called 'The Canal'.



I have been admiring a textile artist on Facebook called Anne Brooke. I love her sketchbook work and have a hankering to do something along similar lines. The problem I have is I put myself down for not feeling like I have the right words to write down. But I figured if I put myself in a place where things are happening then I have a reason to write notes down.
I relaxed looked about and thought what is happening here and started creatively writing little sentences.
I also looked around me to see what caught my eye and felt like drawing.
So what I created is a nice couple of pages of sketches along with writing.
Not bad for a first try!
A big thank you to Anne Brooke for being an inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment