Tuesday 6 August 2013

Plant Inspiration

Plants and nature are my all time loves as inspiration for drawing.
I went for a little walk on our grounds of Balls Park and picked up items which screamed pattern at me!
Just a little insight into how my mind works.... I don't always see an object for what is is, I look at shape, pattern and colours. I believe this is how my mind has been trained since I have been heavily involved in art and design since College. I love extracting patterns from everyday objects.



I am currently getting back to basics on my drawing and coming on leaps and bounds. I feel I have come full circle and honing my skills as an artist. I wanted to specialize in print at University but tutors urged me to go down the knitting route, I am glad I did but I have a hunger for detailed pattern which quite frankly you cannot get in knitting. So I am now looking at printing up tea towels and cards.... Coming soon!

So onto my drawings I have been getting on with.....





Card designs I have drawn up so far.....





No comments:

Post a Comment